Rimmel's Triple Threat

/
0 Comments
Well Well Well! It's been a while since I've published something here and for that i do apologize. My life was a little bit hectic... Anyway, I'm back with some of my favorites item to use and chat about: LIPSTICKS!

It is not pretentious to say that I'm a lipstick addict (Goooood Moooorning Yan!)
At first, I couldn't be bothered with makeup. I've always appreciated the creativity behind every look but i found that it just took too much time. 
However, wearing lipstick was simple and quick (at least that was what i thought) and for years I was longing for that time when i'll become an adult to rock red lips just like my mom
Well that time has come and i'm all about lips (at least that's what my collection/hoarder ways says about me).
I enjoy trying on new textures and finish. Oh yeah...and I'm not afraid of color!
Close to the end of last year, i stumbled upon the new Hydra Renew line from Rimmel.hydra renew rimmel lipsticks
If you are familiar with the moisture renew line, this is an upgraded version. Now, do these worth the money?
First of all, they changed the packaging but they kept some of Rimmel's signature elements (here the crown).
The Hydra renew's are a few inch larger for the same amount of product. I had to rearrange my stash to fit them. It is not a big deal but it is something to consider.
The top is plastic and the thingy that holds the lipstick is aluminium. Overall, it is ergonomic, sturdy, and light. If you intend to throw them from a skyscraper I don't know if they'll survive.
I really like this new design: it doesn't look as cheap as the moisture renew (bottom on the right) looked.
hydra vs moisture renew rimmelAnyway, there is no reason to be that critical for how much those cost.

Rimmel lipsticks always have the same smell: smell them ones and you don't have to smell them again. It is a strong and specific scent so, if you aren't fan of smelly cosmetics, It is possible that this is just not for you.
They are very easy to apply (they literally glide on the lips and kinda remind me of YSL's lipsticks), comfortable (even more comfortable than the Rimmel by Kate line), lightweight.
The protective and hydrating formula contains vitamins A, C, E and has an spf20. My hat's off to you Rimmel !
To top all that, they are also very pigmented and long-lasting. With these, I don't really need to apply a lip liner.
They brought 16 shades out. The shade that I think is their best-seller must be Back To Fuchsia. It is a really hard one to find and I haven't got the chance to put my hands on them. However, i am very pleased with what i got so far.
I enjoy wearing bright, bold color all year long. If you are not that adventurous, some of these shades are appropriate for the upcoming spring/summer season. I am sure that within their range of 16 shades you can find the one that will suit you.
hydra renew rimmel swatches
vintage pink glam plum fulhamI like the humor the brand adds to the names. You can always count on them to come up with some interesting names celebrating Great Britain or the very distinctive British humor. For example, Glam Plum Fulham (is referring to the Fulham in the south west of London) , As You Want Victoria (which is referring to late Queen Victoria and is also a metro station nearby Westminster's Castle, Dark Night Waterl-Oops! (my favorite, is regarding the batlle of Waterloo).
Rimmel is certainly representing England (or Great Britain) in the most colourful way and i must admit they are naiiiiiiiiling it!
As You Want Victoria is a sober pink, Dark Night Waterl-Oops! is a very vampy deep burgundy/wine shade (this could be a cheaper alternative to YSL's Rouge Pur Couture The Mats #205 featured in my 2014 October favorites), Mayfair Lady is a very bold red with some orange undertones, Diva Red is also a bright red but two shades darker than Mayfair Lady, Vintage Pink (does look a lot strange on me) is as his name indicates an old nude pink, Glam Plum Fulham is a bright purple burgundy.
All the swatches are made with one swipe so you can appreciate how pigmented these are. 
Rimmel has done a really good job with these lipsticks. They have a great quality at an affordable price (between 6 and 9€). They weight 4g which is not bad for a lipstick.
This updated version is really pigmented, lightweight, comfortable and long-lasting. Once again, Rimmel came through with some very nice lip products and I can only bow down (not the bitches?).
Colorful kisses.



You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.