Octoberfest is over

/
0 Comments
The fact that the month of October went by so quickly reminds me that no one owns time, we can only manage it.
I find that this type of post not only closes a drastic changing weather month, but it also is a good introduction to a new one that i foresee exciting .
october favourites Without further ado, i will share a few things that i had the pleasure meeting.
Blog-wise
I am getting more and more comfortable managing my time and choosing posts i publish. I also had on my french blog great feedback and here, i feel like slowly but surely some of you are getting into it and coming back for more.
So, WELCOME to my family and I really do appreciate you guys! Not only because it is a sign that my English isn't completely awful but also that you find what I write interesting (i hope!).
Skincare and hygiene-wiseYves Rocher has unthinkable treasures and this body lotion is one of them. It is the Repair Lotion for Extra Dry Skin from their Expert Repair range. This travel size was a gift from a purchase. I was planning to use this in winter when my legs will start to be dry and uncomfortable. But, the enchanting smell got me to use it earlier and i did found a better use for it: I use it after exfoliating or shaving.
Even if I don't have dry skin, in those times, my skin need an extra "humpf" and that is exactly what this lotion brings. My skin is hydrated and sooth.
I liked this so much that i finished the beast. 
lait reparateur yves rocher150 mL cost 9€50 
From the same brand, their Blackberries Hand Cream was such a nice discovery that I had to write an entire article praising it.
creme mains fruits noirs collection noel 2014 yves rocher75 mL cost 2€50
When winter comes, it is rather a challenge to live in a big city. To twirl around town without collecting all people's germs, this item is a must-have: a hand sanitizer. Mine is thepurifying gel Mava Clear from the Switzerland brand Mavala.
It didn't leave my bag. Not only was it gentle, but it was also hard with the germs.
I don't think this specific gel is sold anymore, but i am sure you can find an alternative in any drugstore or pharmacy.
gel purifiant mava clear mavala50 mL cost 7€
If you are a nail polish lover as I am, you know that a good care is needed to guarantee a perfect manicure. For some reason, my hands and nails needed an extra care.
This cuticles scrub from Biguine with its pink micro-beads helped sooth my cuticles by scrubbing them. Its applicator is similar to a lip lacquer's (if, of course, pachyderms wore lipsticks because it isn't smooth).
biguine gommage cuticules13€ in drugstores
Beauty-wise
Even if i own a few, foundations, aren't "my thing". The Matt Touch Foundation from Yves Saint Laurent fought its way to my stash. Even if it is oil-free and has a spf 10, I wasn't very happy with the result.
After applying it many different ways (brush, hand), I did find the perfect way to apply it: I use a Beauty Blender sponge and now I get why this foundation is pricey and why people had so many good things to say about it. It is comfortable, light, mattifying and long-lasting.
I don't think this you can find this in stores anymore but i am sure you can still find it on the internet even if YSL discontinued them.
My shade is 12.matt foundation ysl30 mL cost between 35 and 45€
The Flawless bronzing brush from the Terracotta line by Guerlain is a light tinted cream that i use rarely as a bronzer but mainly as a foundation to unify my complexion.
I have the universal shade 00 Natural Bronze.guerlain terracotta fluide bronzantThis bronzer was discontinued and a similar and better alternative is the Terracotta Joli Teint sold almost everywhere for roughly 44€ the 30 mL.
I played a little bit with Rimmel's ScandalEyes eye shadow in shade Bad Girl Bronze. It is greasy and smooth, has a wonderful pigmentation, is long-lasting and very affordable.
For a quick and light makeup, it is ideal. It also can be used as a base for a more intense and festive look.
rimmel scandaleyes bad girl bronzeThis is sold between 6 and 8€ in drugstores.
I played around with Lancôme's Hypnôse Drama Eyes Dazzling eye shadow in shade Eternal Emerald.
This color was from their 2013 holiday collection. They brought out some two nice new shades this spring.
These eye shadows come with a mini flat brush (very useful) that can be used to apply the product as a eyeliner or an eye shadow. I feel like it opens my eyes...in a good way!hypnose drama eyes lancomeIt cost around 30€ les 5,5g (which is expensive!) but you have for your money.
Bad gal Plum from Benefit and The Rocket Volum'Express from Maybelline were my go-to mascaras for an intense and colorful look.      mascara bad gal plum benefitmascara maybelline rocket volume expressBenefit mascara 23€ les 8,5g
Maybelline mascara around 8€
The nail polish that I wore most of the time and which was perfect for the grey weather is Rimmel's 60 seconds #605 Grey Matter.rimmel 60 seconds grey matterIt costs around 5€ the 8mL
I played around with some lipsticks from Rimmel's new line Hydra Renew. I will review these soon.
#470 Glam Plum Fulham and #380 Dark Night Waterl-Oops! were the ones I wore the most with Rimmel's Apocalips lip lacquer in shade #304 Eclipse which has an amazing pigmentation, is comfortable for a small price, and finally YSL's Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in shade #205 Prune which has an amazing quality.
All those colors are perfect for fall/winter or all year long if you are more adventurous like me.
From left to right #380, #470, #304.rimmel lipstick show off hydra renewrouge pur couture the mats 205 yslHydra renew around 9€ the 4g in drugstores
Rimmel's Apocalips around 9€ the 5,5 mL in durgstores
YSL around 30€ the 3,8 g
I also discovered Bourjois's 24H liner in Ultra Black and Rimmel's Exaggerate eyeliner in #001 100% Black which both are really good.
For the ratio quality/price I prefer Rimmel's and for how comfortable it is to use, i choose Bourjois's.rimmel bourjois linerBourjois's cost around 8€ and Rimmel's 6€ in drugstore
Sometimes I wear blush and the past month was a "blushy month"(what? you didn't know that people with dark skin blush? Just kidding!!!).
I brought out my Elizabeth Arden's ceramide cream blush in shade #4 Plum.
It is longlasting and you just need a sweep. The color is buildable and the finish is rather soft and natural.blush elizabeth ardenThe 2,67g cost around 30€.
Miam-miam-wise
I like to cook and bake but to this day, I haven't learned how to make/grow my own cereals. While I wait for that time to come, I bought these cereals from Kelloggs.
The reason I talk about these is mainly because they are now in a different packaging which preserves the flavor but it also minimal (they got rid of the box).
kelloggs extra pepitesI hope they will make these in other sizes because 500g is too small.It is 4€ a box.
Culture-wise
I like music (it is an understatement!) and I wanted to close this monthly favorites in music because only music can make you relax, cry, dance, but, also reflect.
I never was into the craziness around Taylor Swift's music. Even if her ballads that I enjoy were scarce, i couldn't stop moving my toes when Shake it off came on radio or TV!
She definitely is no lyricist but, the hook is catchy and It is a real "go f*** off" to the haters.
I couldn't stop listening to the musical "brews" of the talented Kina Grannis. She is on tour now so if you want her live maybe she is jamming somewhere nearby.
This next stop isn't a discovery but I wanted to share it anyway because this band has great potential, great energy on stage and they make good music. Mr Crock is a small Parisian indie pop folk band with some rock accents.
I took great pleasure discovering and really listening to Benjamin Clementine. His talent, his message, his voice, and allure took me to places and also made me think about my brother (long story!!! but bro' if you stop by, you know what i mean!).
Two TV shows with great potential were my clear favorites: How To Get Away With Murder because of the performance of Viola Davis and the intrigue and, Bad Judge for the humor, the unconventional script and Kate Walsh's legs ;).
I encountered a singing show called Rising Star. I don't know if it's the format that is weak or if i just don't get it. Anyway, it wasn't for me!
I hope your month was as eventful as mine was.
Take care.
yO


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.