Knapp Schlapp, nein! Kneipp

/
0 Comments
Nature has provided us generously with everything we need to remain in good health
This motto has been the root of Sebastian Kneipp's philosophy. This german priest founded the label Kneipp in 1891.
I came across Kneipp (which sounds more like knife with a p) in Germany more than five years ago. It is a well-known brand in Germany which has contributed to build that german approach to life, health and well-being. Its good reputation comes from not only the quality of their products, but also the fact that they are eco-friendly  and are protecting environmental resources. 
From haircare to skincare, I tried almost everything. This lemongrass and olive body lotion is one of the products that I'd tested.
laitkneippmain
On paper, I almost feel like I won the jackpot with this one. Am I mistaken? 

Packaging and texture
This lotion lives in an soft semi-opaque plastic tube. The tube is certified skincare products friendly.
Since Kneipp's philosophy is to preserve natural resources, it is not a shocker that they use recyclable packaging.

I like the texture. Not only, it goes really smoothly on the skin, it doesn't feel greasy at all. It is both very refreshing but not too refreshing, and a pleasure to apply. However, keep in mind that it takes a lil'bit of time to soak in. I just put a small drop in my hand and massage a few seconds into my skin.
laitkneippdemo
Ingrédients
Aqua (Water)♥Glycerin♥Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)♥Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil♥Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil♥Cetearyl Alcohol♥Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides♥Glyceryl Stearate♥Microcrystalline Cellulose♥Potassium Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein♥Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil♥Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil♥Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil♥Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil♥Canarium Luzonicum Gum Non-volatiles♥Limonene♥Citral♥Linalool♥Geraniol♥Citronellol♥Parfum (Fragrance)♥Glyceryl Caprylate♥Dehydroxanthan Gum♥Calcium Alginate♥Tocopherol

Lemongrass essential oil is known to re-energize and refresh. It also stimulates mind and body to benefit concentration and motivation.
Olive oil hydrates and protects from dehydratation. Shea butter and sweet almond oil hydrate and soften the skin.
This body lotion, like other products from the brand, has no preservatives, mineral oils, paraffines, silicones, harsh ingredients, and is not tested on animals.

My experience
Like I said, this body lotion is refreshing. The feeling is similar to other energizing body lotions or shower gels with ginseng, guarana or ginger, but softer.
I usually take time in the evening to enjoy its natural and delicate lemongrass scent. I literally have to restrain myself from layering and layering,...and layering.
It leaves my skin hydrated, smooth, and nicely scented. I find this to be perfect for summer and fall, but not so much for winter simply beacause in winter my normal skin needs a little more hydratation.
Since its composition is uber-clean, the products are due only 3 months after the first use.
I really like this body lotion! But, like all natural cosmetics, they have a certain price. This body lotion costs between 8 and 14€ the 200 mL.
This brand not only is eco-friendly, but it also does tremendous efforts to inform without confusing their customers on the ingredients they use. They've even gone further and manage to add some products specifically dedicated for those who, like me, have sensitive skin. Recently, they did add some young blood to the family, they have a new anti-aging range and foaming bodywashes that i am longing to try.
Be smart, act stupid!



You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.