Palmolive | Magic Softness / Pouss' Mousse

/
0 Comments
I am all for products which intend to simplify my life. That's why when, a few months ago, drugstores were flooded with Palmolive's new line of foaming hand washer, I was very excited.
I was very intrigued by the name "Magic Softness",and i was wondering if this was a marketing test-run to see if they could sell it for Christmas. I don't know what you guys think but, to me Magic Softness sounds more dreamy, holidays, ...etc.
Since then, they changed the name and are selling them as a permanent edition.
MagicSoftnessVedetteTo Palmolive, this foam is revolutionary. I get that there isn't a great deal of products with the same technology, but Palmolive won't be the first, nor the last to use it. Brands like Bath & Body Works, Salt City or Attirance were already selling similar products centuries ago.
Last year I bought online from the Latvian brand Attirance a few products. The cherry blossom hand foam was one of them.
So when Palmolive dropped this foam on the market, I had few reasons to be excited. The first one being that I don't have to buy this kind of products online anymore, the second one was that the foam guarantees magic moments. 

Packaging and texture
First of all, the bottle comes with a pump. That alone makes my life easier since you just need one hand to use it. You just need to push the top to have a cloud of foam.  As you can see both products use the same technique.

MagicAttiranceDemoIn fact, the liquid moves up and comes in contact with the air contained in the receptacle (the air within the receptacle is from when the pump relaxes itself otherwise it cannot move). This mixture also has surfactants agents that help the foaming process.
The foam is dense and lightweight. A pump delivers the amount of product necessary to wash hands.

MagicMousseDemo
Ingredients
Aqua•Sodium Laureth Sulfate•Glycerin•Cocamidopropyl Betaine•Sodium Benzoate•Castoryl Maleate•Sodium Salicylate•Parfum•PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate•PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate•Citric Acid•Tetrasodium EDTA•Benzophenone-4•Hexyl Cinnamal•Limonene•Linalool•CI 14700•CI 42090•CI 17200
Ingredients are expected for this type of product. The composition (SLS, dye, etc...) is very far from clean. However, this formula is less aggressive than others.

My experience
I was expecting the smell to be yummy and addictive; that wasn't the case at all. The smell is very light, not so fruity and not long-lasting. I was so disappointing and I felt lied to. I also would have appreciate if the formula was anti-bacterial.
I like the fact that it is easy to use. You just have to push and be served. No need to hold the bottle.
The technology behind is innovative and efficient but the formula itself has to be improved otherwise those magic moments would be anything but.

At first, they launched two scents: raspberry and mandarin. Since then, they added one more scent: jasmine.
I have no preference between those three since they are very lightly scented.
This foaming soap is suppose to be gentle on the hands, to leave them incredibly soft  and hydrated. The creamy cloud of foam is dense and cleans properly. But, I find them drying, even if the formula contains hydrating compounds.
The brand says that 250mL last 200 washes. I didn't count how many times I used it but it did last me about a month.  They costs around 2€40. The price is high for what it is. Maybe they justify it by the fact it is a foam.

Even if this foam is not it for me, I kept the bottle and I fill it with a mixture of water and a soap suitable to my sensitive skin. That makes it even cheaper.
? A few interrogations ?:I haven't detected which ingredient was responsible for that raspberry/mandarin scent. This whole thing made me doubtful of Palmolive's ways(maybe this secret ingredient is stuck within what they labelled as perfume).The product is made in Thaïland. I didn''t understand why. I am use to those kind of product being made in Europe. Apparently, the group Colgate-Palmolive manufactures some of its products like toothpaste, this foam soap, in China, Thaïland, ...etc. Anyway, it doesn't affect in any way, shape or form the quality of the product and i don't mind at all but i was just curious.

That’s all folks…Cheers!!!


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.