Feeling voluptuous with Roger & Gallet perfumed dry oil

/
0 Comments
We all have, at least once, heard about l'huile prodigieuse from Nuxe Paris but have you ever heard about l'huile voluptueuse from Roger et Gallet?
Humm... I know I know you are thinking cabaret, Dita Von Teese and tu-tus.You almost have it right,...almost!
A few years ago, I discovered the brand Roger et Gallet. My first purchase was their Blue Lotus fresh fragrant water which is, until this day, one of the scents that I do enjoy wearing in winter.
That meeting was so stimulating and beautiful, that I wanted to dig a little bit more in this renowned parisian brand. I tested several products from the brand and l'huile voluptueuse à l'amande persane a.k.a perfumed dry oil with persian almond is the latest addition in my collection. 
rogergallethuilemainFirst of all, they won me over with that sexy name, I mean "voluptuous oil", who resist? It sounds like wearing it would give me an amazing sensual body and even sexier aura. I can even see myself walking those streets like my s*** don't stink...literally. Just kidding!!!...kinda.
So hit or miss? 
Packaging and texture
The oil comes in a clear glas bottle with a spray very much like a perfume. Nothing that exciting nor revolutionary. However, the bottle has a story, the goldy detailed decorations have a subtle inspiration of the middle eastern/persian architecture. C'est dans une bouteille en verre dotée d'un atomiseur que se présente cette insolence olfactive.
Since it is a dry oil, the texture is very much liquid, with a nice feel to it, quite easy to apply and not greasy.
rogeretgallethuiledemo
Ingredients
Isopropyl palmitate♦paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil)♦isododecane♦parfum (fragrance)♦ sesamum indicum oil♦ linalool♦ prunus amygdalus dulcis oil (sweet almond oil)♦ cetearyl ethylhexanoate♦ isopropyl myristate♦ macadamia ternifolia seed oil♦ tocopheryl acetate♦ argania spinosa oil (argania spinosa kernel oil)♦ isononyl isononanoate♦ oenothera biennis oil (evening primerose oil)♦ camellia oleifera seed oil♦ ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate♦ butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane♦ coumarin♦ hexyl cinnamal♦ limonene♦ citral
It contains both mineral (paraffinum liquidum), and vegetable (sesam, sweet almond, macadamia, argan, primerose and camellia) oils which hydrate, soften, nourish and protect the skin.
For those who have sensitive skin and are allergic to cinnamon (like I am), be aware that this perfumed dry oil has some cinnamon derivatives.
However, since i have never, until this day, encountered any allergic reactions, it seems like the proportions of those derivatives are really small.
It has no preservatives, no paraben, or silicone.
My experience
This oil is both for body and hair. However, the place where I can't get enough of it is without a doubt my hair. It softens, brings shine onto my hair without feeling heavy.
I just spray it in a circular motion onto my hair and I can wipe my hair back and forth just to enjoy the scent for up to 36 hours.
I am not really fan of almond or its scent but I am totally addicted to this dry oil's odor. It took me back when I use to fantasize about that great Persia era where men weren't afraid to wear makeup and women with tons of bold gold jewelry and their statuesque figure were living art.
Since, I chose not to use this on my hair everyday, my body is very pleased to take the hit. 
Not only it gives luminescence to my skin, it also leaves my skin nourished and smelling very nicely all day long,  
It costs between 16 et 25€ the 100 mL.
I am very pleased with this oil, the scent is divine and If you are always in a hurry, if you don't like oils or the smell of almond, I don't think this is for you but if those things don't bother you, you may just fall in love with this "huile voluptueuse" like I did. 

Feeling romantic? here is the french version


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.